Call for abstracts: 1st NFDI4Energy Conference in Hanover, Germany
Bringing the community of energy research data management together
Stakeholders interested in and working on research data management solutions for the energy domain are invited to join the 1st NFDI4Energy Conference.
The conference goals are bringing the community together, discussing current and future research trends, and identifying opportunities for cooperation. Further, we aim for convergence of the different activities in the community to a common understanding, a shared vision, and an overall goal regarding research data management.
Research data management in the energy domain is a broad topic, including handling different research artefacts like research data and research software internally, annotating research artefacts with metadata (e.g. with ontologies), and publishing these. Different tools and infrastructures are needed to support researchers in handling their research artefacts. The 1st NFDI4Energy Conference offers a platform to discuss and exchange on different tools and approaches, best practices, and ideas for research data management in the energy domain. The conference will take place fully on-site in Hanover on February 20th and 21st in 2024, organized by NFDI4Energy in cooperation with TIB. English will be the primary language of the conference. The conference is free of charge for all participants. Feel invited if working in the field or interested in current work in this area!
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- General aspects of Open Science in energy research
- FAIR data management in energy research
- Requirements for the adoption of FAIR data or the use of research data management in the energy domain
- Management and development of (open-source) energy research software
- Publishing of energy research data and software
- Best practices for handling and developing energy research data and software
- Transparency approaches to energy research
- Metadata schemes in energy research
- Ontologies for the energy (research) domain
In the first edition of the conference, we aim for concise poster and presentation abstracts. Since this is a new and developing field, first results are welcome but optional for submission. Full research paper submissions are envisioned for the next NFDI4Energy Conference in 2025. Feel free to use this year’s submission to receive first feedback on your work and to prepare a future full paper submission this way!
Submission Guidelines for poster and presentation:
- Abstracts should be at most 1000 words content (excluding references, declarations, etc.)
- Authors need to use the Word or Latex template provided by TIB Open Publishing. Please note that the template is intended for full paper submissions normally. Feel free to adapt the template to suit an abstract submission, if required.
- The submission must be in PDF format.
- Submissions should be uploaded to HotCRP.
- The review process will be single-blind.
- Conference abstracts will be made available as Open Access publications over Zenodo. There will also be an opt-out option if the abstract should not be published yet. It will also be possible to revise the abstracts after acceptance / before publication.
If you are thinking about attending the conference or submitting an abstract, please take note of our NFDI Code of Conduct (In German and English).
General Chair: Astrid Nieße
- Submission deadline: 20.11.2023
- Author notifications: 06.01.2024
- Conference: 20.02.2024 - 21.02.2024
For questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com